C&C Fiberglass Components
Fiberglass Laminators and Fabricators: Laminate layers of fiberglass on molds to form boat decks and hulls.
- Release air bubbles and smooth seams using roller.
- Spray chopped fiberglass, resins, and catalysts onto prepared molds or dyes using pneumatic spray guns with chopper attachments.
- Select precut fiberglass mats, cloth, and wood bracing materials as required by projects being assembled.
- Pat or press layers of saturated mat or cloth into place on molds, using brushes or hands, and smooth out wrinkles and air bubbles with hands or squeegees.
- Mix catalysts into resins and saturate cloth and mats with mixture using brushes.
- Bond wood reinforcing strips to decks and cabin structures of watercraft using saturated fiberglass.
- Trim excess materials from molds using hand shears or trimming knives.
- Repair or modify damaged or defective glass-fiber parts, checking thicknesses, densities, and contours to ensure a close fit after repair.
- Cure materials by letting them set at room temperature, placing them under heat lamps, or baking them in ovens.