Bowen's Wharf Co. is looking for at least two experienced, reliable dockhands that can provide exceptional customer service to all our guests at our unique marina. The following are some of the essential duties of the position.
- Welcome and assist marina/tenant guests at dock slip in docking, tying, and securing their vessels safely and responding promptly to guest’s needs and requests.
- Responsible for taking reservations over the phone and approving and denying over DOCKWA.
- Responsible for creating/following dock plans and docking boats in the appropriate slip.
- Monitor and operate the pump-out station within established DEM and company policies.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with guests via hand held radios, phone, and e-mail.
- Must be able to work office equipment and take payments via credit card machine.
- Must be able to communicate with neighbors that share a channel in arrivals and departures to ensure vessel safety to both parties.
- Continually monitor free public dinghy dock and ensure it is operating in an orderly manner.
- Perform regular general clean up/maintenance of marina docks, patio, and dock.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Must be able to work in outdoor weather.
Hourly rate commensurate with experience, starting at 12.50 per hour
Job Type: Part-time
- Marina/Boating: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- CPR & First Aid (Preferred)
Hours per week: